Tuesday, September 18, 2012

SeanMichael Rau: "they asked me if I was circumcised, and I had never heard that word before"




When I was about 10 or 11 I remember very distinctively the day that I was hanging out with a few friends who were actually female and they asked me if I was circumcised, and I had never heard that word before and I didn't know what they were talking about. I asked what that meant and that told me that it meant that, that someone had cut a part of my penis off and I was so appalled. Of course not, what are you talking about, there's no way, why would I be circumcised, that's ridiculous. So I went home and used the internet to do some research and I realized that I was in fact circumcised.

I think I was really mad for the first two years, and I didn't know who I could talk to, I didn't talk to anybody for a very long time.

When I was a teenager I was in punk bands and I dyed my hair and I pierced parts of my body and my body always told me that every time that I modified my body like that I was disrespecting myself because the way I was born was perfect and changing that meant that I didn't like who I was so it's funny to think that the same person who told me that is the person that decided that I should have part of my body amputated.

No comments:

Post a Comment